Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

pots lines back to back?

Can you do a pots line and have it loop back into another pots line (on the same router or a different one)? For example, 1. WAN voip call leg to pots call leg to 2. using a digital VIC into another digital VIC to 3. voip call leg.

The thing I want to do is take a vofr call and translate it into a voip call. The routers seem to not have that direct capability, but this seems a roundabout way to get the job done.

3 REPLIES
Silver

Re: pots lines back to back?

Yes, that is something that you can do, only thing is if they are analog ports you have to make sure that they are connected fxo - fxs or e&m to e&m. Also if they are digital you can do either T1- pri or t1 cas and have the call pass through that way, but in answer to your question, yes that is something you can do.

If I go digital pri or cas, can I use the same router? How would I negotiate/configure the clocking for the T1s.

When we were looking at doing this with our 3810s (before they were EOL'd), this was not possible. Check out this page and look at the restrictions: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1833/products_feature_guide_chapter09186a00800ca70b.html

This was for IOS 12.1E - Cisco might have added that feature by now.

-Eric

Views
Helpful
Replies