Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

power injector for 7960s?

We have a building with a non-powered cisco cat switch - and only three phones i the whole building - one of them is a public wall-mounted phone and as a result highly awkward to us a power cube on - besides the powered patch panel - are there any plans to offer back-end closet injectors for the 7960's like the access points? Or am I stuck buying 24 ports of powered switches for that one phone? :-)

-ken

3 REPLIES

Re: power injector for 7960s?

Right now it looks like it. Give your local SE a shout to see what they say about options, but the current product list has nothing that would fit this scenario very well.

I have been using the power injector from the aironet 350's for several months on several 7960 phones with no problems. It's an excellent way of getting power out to a phone at a site that only has a few devices. I have ordered them separately, part number AIR-PWRINJ1

Hm - would love to do that except both my SE and TAC tell me that can blow the phone up - and then SmartNet will not cover me :-) Was looking for something Cisco -approved as I don't have much spare cash to replace them if they blow up :-) But you are correct it doesn't make sense that there is no power injector for the phones...

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content