Helpful
Replies

Presenting Calling Name to Definity over PRI Trunk

swbrokaw
Level 1
Level 1

Setup is

7960 --> CM --> VG200 --> PRI --> Definity --> Definity Phone

Is there a way .. when calling from Cisco Phones (7960) to Definity Phone that the station name of the 7960 appear on the definity phone? Extension number appears just fine but customer wants the name instead.

Any ideas?

9 Replies 9

ngundura
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

What is the callmanager version?. I think you could do this with CM version 3.3.2...

Also, taking a look at the CCM trace to see if and how the ip phone is sending the calling name..

The version is 3.3.2. I'm wondering if this is something that can be done without driving 4 hours and spending lots of billable time running traces. Is there a common procedure that I just don't know or ??????

I have the same setup as yours with the exception of a Nortel SL-100 PBX (DMS-100 software). With lots of experimenting, I got Calling Name Display working in both directions. I can't help with the PBX but if your interested I can send you my VG200 config. and the CCM gateway config. I opened a TAC case and got very little help on this except that they explained Calling Name would not work on a PRI defined as NI2. Call Manager can only provide caller ID in the Display Information Element. If you use QSIG on the SL-100 it will use the Facility Information Element to pass caller id. If you are trunking with NI2 the SL-100 will pass caller ID on the Facility Information Element. That at least got me on the right track.

Larry

I would very much appreciate a look at the configs. Thanks for the help!!!!!!! Pretty sure I'm using 5ess for my PRI buildout (being a definity and all).

Steve.brokaw@expanets.com

TIA!!

with 3.3.2, you can use QSIG switch type with which you can send the calling name in the facility message.

gillins
Level 1
Level 1

I am not sure if you have gotten a solution to your problem yet. I have had name and number going beetween an avaya and cm since 3.1 or 3.2 and now today with 3.3. I have been using the 5e protocol. if you would like a specfic config please e-mail me and I will get you some screen shots.

scott4

Erick Bergquist
Level 6
Level 6

Under CCm Device -> Gateway config page do you have the Display IE checkbox checked? This will send the Display IE on the outbound PRI call out the gateway. This has the persons name from Call manager.

You may also have to set the Calling Party IE plan to National and Calling party type to ISDN. These 2 fields are also on the gateway page (drop boxes).

Erick

Steve

Do you think I can get the configs I am trying the same thing w/ no luck. We are running 5ess on our Lucent and we can not get the name to work from calling between call manager and the Lucent

Thanks

Dorey Thompson

dorey@pmicromart.com

On the trunk-group screen in the G3 (ch trun x) page 1 set "Codeset to Send Display" to 0 (zero). It is 6 by default, which is proprietary signaling. That's the main "trick" and solves most problems. One page 2 of the trunk-group admin screens make sure you have "Send Name" set to "y", but that's pretty obvious.

The above is to get the DEFINITY to *send* calling name correctly. With 5ESS, there's no particular config in the routers or CCM for sending calling name, apart from the "Display IE" check box on the gateway admin in CCM. In DEFINITY, on the DS1 admin (ch ds1 xxxxx), you should have "Protocol Version" set to "a" (5ESS), rather than "b" (NI).

Calling Name is not a part of NI ("it is outside the boundaries of the NI specification to send Display IE from the user to network side"), but should work OK if using CallManager 3.x and MGCP for the gateway. If using H.323 for the gateway, and a recent version of IOS, you will probably need to configure "isdn outgoing display-ie" on the d channel to override default behavior (which is to *not* send Display IE, which holds calling name).