Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Presenting correct caller ID on outbound calls to the PSTN

I have several PRI's providing access to the PSTN. Our caller ID that is presented on outbound calls reflects the lowest DID phone number assigned to a given PRI rather than the external number of the internal caller. I have revisited the configuration check list several times with no success. I am using a 3640 with HDV/MFT and also a Catalyst with the 6608. Is this a provisioning issue with the local provider? Any useful tips out there? Thanks

4 REPLIES
Community Member

Re: Presenting correct caller ID on outbound calls to the PSTN

The CO can choose whether or not to accept your calling party info, so that may be the case. Also check all the info in your route patterns,lists and groups as they have settings that influence this info too. Lastly, make sure your gateway does not have calling party info programmed as it will take precedence.

Cisco Employee

If you look at the ccm trace or debug isdn q931 what is the calling party set to 10 digits or less? Is it set to isdn and national or unknown and unknown? If you are not sure please post revelant portitions of ccm or router debugs and I will let you know.

Thank you,

-Mckee

Community Member

Michael

Sorry, overlooked your response. Calling party is 4 digits as depicted in the CCM trace exerpt.

StationD: 60bf344 CallInfo callingPartyName='Receptionist' callingParty=6850 cgpnVoiceMailbox=

Thanks

Bill

Cisco Employee

Is that also the way it looks in the outbound q.931 excerpt from the trace. If it does that might be the problem. The telco does not usually like just getting 4 digits as the calling party. Tried adding a calling party transform mask to the route pattern and see if this makes a difference. Example would be 919991xxxx. My extension is 15636. So when the call goes out the calling party is masked to 9199915636. Depending on your configuration you may need to reset the gateway. Be careful if you route pattern points directly at the gateway and not to route list if you update the gateway all calls may drop. So do this after hours.

Hope this helps.

Thank you,

-Mckee

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content