Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

press 1 to transfer to cell

Customer has help desk line (say 4000). Customer would like the following:<br><br>During non working hours, people call help desk at 4000 and get a message saying press 1 to be transferred to on-call person or wait for tone to leave message.<br><br>I tried setting up a call handler named "afterhours" that would transfer incoming calls to a cell phone number (say 1234). I then associated the help desk userid for 4000 so that the caller input menu option would send the calling party to the afterhours call handler (after pressing 1).<br><br>I tested this and when I press 1, Unity says sorry sample administrator is busy or does not answer.<br><br>Is there any way to achieve this objective or am I doing something wrong?<br><br>

4 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: press 1 to transfer to cell

Sure this is possible... pretty common scenario.

Keep in mind that call handlers have 5 different greetings (Alternate, standard, off hours, busy, internal) and three transfer rules (standard, off hours, alternate).

I'm betting you have two things going on here... the one key rule you have mapped to "send to greeting" for the after hours call handler... you want this set to "attempt transfer for" instead. The default is send to greeting and a lot of folks miss that one.

Also, the message you're hearing is a system generated greeting. If no custom greeting is recorded/enabled, we pull the voice name of the message recipient (by default the Example Administrator) and tell the calling party that person isn't available.

To test this, set the alternate transfer rule (which over rides the other two rules) for this box to be enabled and go to 1234 (or whatever). Make sure you are "attemp transfer" on the one key rule. You can also set the alternate greeting active (which over rides all other greetings) and record a custom greeting that will play should the cell phone not be available.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg

Anonymous
N/A

I am the client in this case. We can now get the "1" to dial a cell phone, however, if the cell isn't answered on 3 rings the call reverts to the system attendant. Transfer type on the call handler is currently "release to switch". When choosing "supervise transfer", the cell never rings. The ideal would be to transfer the call to the cell and let the cell voice mail take over.

Norm Cook
Gibson Petroleum Company Limited

Anonymous
N/A

hmmmm...

Release to switch means just that... we hook flash, dial the number in the transfer field and then hang up. We don't stick around to do any kind of call progress (which is tough to a cell phone). There's really no way we'd pull the call back here in that situation.

I'm thinking something else is going on here somewhere... I'd have to take a look at what you have setup.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Cisco Systems
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg

Anonymous
N/A

I would like to have you look at our configuration to figure this out. There is a modem on the system. Please contact me for the info. Also, Wayne Mah (Cisco, Calgary) has access into our network to assist.
Thanks,
Norm

Norm Cook
Gibson Petroleum Company Limited

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content