Views
Helpful
Replies

Press F1 to reboot

Ayad
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

When a reboot my publisher(7835H), i must press F1 to continue to reboot.

any ideas how to change this ?

A+

5 Replies 5

gajolly
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

I think these are BIOS settings which are fixed by the OEM and it will be unsafe to play with these settings.

Usually F1 means BIOS detected something it does't like, for example broken mirrors. In most of the cases displaying F1 has a timer of about 30sec after which it should start booting.

hello,

I will just specify that F1 still in the screnn and the server can't continous starting. I must press F1 to reboot.

Is there any way to remove this to simplify remote control.

Thhanks

There was a bug about this, we ran into it a few times,the new firmware fixed it:

CSCdx95611

Release-note: Modified 020918 by eburgess

Symptoms:

The following message appears on the screen when booting the server, requring manual user intervention of pressing F1 to continue:

Slot 0 COMPAQ Smart Array 5i Controller (rev B, v1.72) 1 Logical

Drive

1770-Slot 0 Drive Array - SCSI Drive Firmware Update Recommended -

Please upgrade firmware on the following drive(s) using Options ROMPaq

(available from www.compaq.com):

SCSI Port 2: SCSI ID 0

Conditions:

Changing the SCSI drive or upgrading the Array firmware on the following

servers: MCS-7820/22, MCS-7830, MCS-7835-733/1000/1266, MCS-7845-1400.

Workaround:

Upgrade the SCSI Firmware with: Compaq-SCSIDiskFirmware-3.03A.exe This is posted to CCO on the following site:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cmva-3des

Mary Beth

mohamedtag
Level 1
Level 1

Hello ALL ,

I am facing the same Problem with my MCS Compaq Servers. But this time not as MAHARIS mentioned that this Error is related to SCSI Drives. The Error Message appears indicating that the Redundant Power Supply is not Functioning. Of Course the real status that all the Servers their Redundant Power Supplies is working effectively and every Boot we have to Press F1 to continue the Booting.

Any ideas about this issue ?

Regards

M.Tag