Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Pressing 5 to forward message during the message

While playing a message, 1 repeats it, 3 deletes it, both right away. However, pressing 5 during the message has no effect until after listening to the whole message. This makes the user wait. Can this be changed?<br>I could'nt find anything already posted.<br>Thanks, Brad<br><br>

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Pressing 5 to forward message during the message

Typically you'd train you're users to advance to the after message menu first by hitting "#" while listening to the message to get at additional functionality. The problem is keys are mapped to do different things durring message playback such as adjusting the volume (what 5 is reserved for now) and skip ahead/back adjust speed (future item that will require 2 keys) and there just aren't any keys left over to map all the stuff you can do in the after message menu as well without going to a two key combo. Using #5 in this case to exit out of message playback and then execute the forwarding feature is you best bet.

There IS and INI file that adjust what actions are mapped to what keys during the header, message playback and after message menu and technically it might be possible to change the 5 key from volume adjust to forwarding but I really wouldn't go down that path (and I'm not entirely sure it would work without sitting down and trying it... this is not supported). Presumably the next thing will be to reply right away without going to the after message menu and the like. This wont be preserved during upgrades, wont match the user guides, and generally doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies