cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prevent mailbox from receiving Emails

spoure
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to create subscribers in Unity and set the Mailboxes to recieve only voice messages not emails. Once you create a subscriber Unity will create a mailbox and NT account. NT account can be deleted. However the mailbox is there and has a mail address in exchange. Is it possible to restrict users from sending emails to that mailbox. Only voicemails need to be send to that mailbox <br><br>Sean Poure<br>NEC-Voice Engineering<br>Sr. Systems Engineer<br>714 4846275<br>

Sean Poure
5 Replies 5

Anil Verma
Level 5
Level 5

You could hide the subscriber in Exchange. That way noone will be able to see him/her in the address book in outlook.
There are a bunch of mail threads in the forum talking about hiding outlook mailboxes.

Anil Verma
Cisco Systems
anilve@cisco.com

I do need to recieve voice messages. If I hide the mail box I wont recieve messages period. I dont want to recieve email messages.

Sean Poure
NEC-Voice Engineering
Sr. Systems Engineer
714 4846275

Sean Poure

'If I hide the mail box I wont recieve messages period'. Not true. The user is just hidden from the GAL. Have you tried removing the users SMTP address?

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

If I remove SMPT address Mailboxes will not recieve Internet emails(true). However if somebody from GAL tries to send you an email you will recieve it. The problem is that there were some users who had Unified messaging....Now they are only Voice mail users. Some users in the ORG keep sending these mailboxes email messages. We want to reject emails and accept voicemails on these mailboxes.

Sean Poure
NEC-Voice Engineering
Sr. Systems Engineer
714 4846275

Sean Poure

You could set up the Exchange rules on these mailboxes. You can reject anything that is not the same Message class as Voice Mail.
Cumbersome and a maintenace nightmare.

Anil Verma
Cisco Systems
anilve@cisco.com