Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRI DID Question

I'm running Call Manager 3.1 (3a). I have a 3640 router for voice. I have outgoing dial-tone and interoffice dialtone, however my incoming Direct Inward Dial Numbers just get a fast busy from the outside world. I figured it has somthing to do with my dial peers. Here they are:

dial-peer cor custom

!

!

!

dial-peer voice 110 voip

preference 1

incoming called-number .

destination-pattern 2...

progress_ind setup enable 3

voice-class codec 100

session target ipv4:192.168.101.202

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

fax-relay ecm disable

fax rate disable

ip precedence 5

no vad

!

dial-peer voice 100 pots

preference 5

destination-pattern 9T

progress_ind alert enable 8

direct-inward-dial

port 1/0:23

!

dial-peer voice 111 voip

preference 2

incoming called-number .

destination-pattern 2...

progress_ind setup enable 3

voice-class codec 100

session target ipv4:192.168.101.201

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

fax-relay ecm disable

fax rate disable

ip precedence 5

no vad

!

I have one PRI on port 1/0:23, and two call managers, 192.168.101.201 & 202. I have a block of 20 DID's. Any input would really be appreciated.

8 REPLIES

Re: PRI DID Question

As an addendum to the above information, the telephone company is only sending me 4 digits. Is the the correct number for call managers to handle? Thanks.

Mark,

I would use "debug isdn q931" to determine what telco is sending you. Then I'd use "debug voip ccapi inout" to determine the dial peer that you're matching on. If all that looks good, then you need to extend you troubleshooting to CM (start with the gateway config).

Mark,

Use "debug isdn q931" to make sure that the telco is passing you the last 4 digit as your dial-peer config. expect 4 digit (e.g. the 2... dial-peer)

Mark,

From the router console try:

csim start 2000

(assuming 2000 is a valid extension)

This will make a test call from the router.

If the phone rings your integration to CallManager is OK and I'd start with looking at the debug isdn q931 to make sure the telco is sending the correct info.

If not make sure the IP address configured in CallManager for the gateway is the same as the address that the gateway is using as the source address for it's H.323 packets (or use the h323 bind configuration options on one of the interfaces). Also check that the CSS on the gateway has the correct partitions for your internal extensions.

Justin.

try adding the following line in your pots dial-peer

dial-peer voice 100 pots

incoming called-number 2...

Hey guys,

Thanks for taking the time to help me with this. I ran the debug ISDN q931 command and this was the output for the call (from another IP phone on the network) (please note that I changed the dial peer to reflect the destination pattern of 4...)

1w4d: ISDN Se1/0:23: TX -> SETUP pd = 8 callref = 0x002A

1w4d: Bearer Capability i = 0x8090A2

1w4d: Channel ID i = 0xA98397

1w4d: Calling Party Number i = 0x00, 0x81, '8035912000', Plan:Unknown, T

ype:Unknown

1w4d: Called Party Number i = 0x80, '2594655', Plan:Unknown, Type:Unknow

n

1w4d: ISDN Se1/0:23: RX <- CALL_PROC pd = 8 callref = 0x802A

1w4d: Channel ID i = 0xA98397

1w4d: ISDN Se1/0:23: RX <- PROGRESS pd = 8 callref = 0x802A

1w4d: Cause i = 0x8181 - Unallocated/unassigned number

1w4d: Progress Ind i = 0x8288 - In-band info or appropriate now availabl

e

1w4d: ISDN Se1/0:23: TX -> DISCONNECT pd = 8 callref = 0x002A

1w4d: Cause i = 0x8090 - Normal call clearing

1w4d: ISDN Se1/0:23: RX <- RELEASE pd = 8 callref = 0x802A

1w4d: ISDN Se1/0:23: TX -> RELEASE_COMP pd = 8 callref = 0x002A

It looks like to me that the call is going out but not coming back to me over my PRI. Is that what you guys see. Also I tried to place the call from my gateway to the phone and it worked fine. Thanks again.

The telephone company had the wrong route and translation patterns in place. I'm now actually receving packets over the PRI, but unfortunately I am now getting an invalid number format (incomplete number) error every time.

You said earlier that the telco was sending you 4 digits, yet the trace clearly shows this not to be the case.

1w4d: Called Party Number i = 0x80, '2594655', Plan:Unknown, Type:Unknown

this says they are sending you 2594655, that's 7 digits, and you quite rightly return number unallocated.

I'm assuming the extensions on your call manager are 4 digits / 2xxx based from your dial peer statements, so what you could do as a temporary measure is set up a dial peer with destination pattern 2594655, and a translation pattern on call manager to change it to a real extension number.

Then if that works, talk to your telco as they are feeding you a load of BS and send them the debug output above showing they are sending you 7 digits.

I am a little confused that you setup a dial peer statement expecting 4 digits begining with 2XXX yet the last 4 of the tested number begin 46xx so you may want to check what numbering scheme is on the E1.

Paul

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content