cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PRI Insert a digit???

JeffG1
Level 3
Level 3

I have a PRI with DID. The phone company is only sending my 3 digits, but my extensions are 4 digits. Does any one know how to insert a digit in the incomming dial peer. For example., my extension is 8501, the phone company will send 501, if I have an extension that is 8401 things will not go through, in fact I dont know if call manager will match the 501 to the extension 8501. so I need to insert the 8.

I do not have the pri up in my lab, so I cannot test this.

4 Replies 4

anderson-david
Level 3
Level 3

there are a couple of things to try, one is put in translational patterns for each extension (which is very long winded) ie systems see 501 and translates that to 8501 or the simplest way would be just to ask your provider to send 4 digits (which is what we do)

paul.harrison
Level 4
Level 4

Jeff,

On the gateway page use the Prefix DN box. Put an 8 in here and every incoming number will be preceeded by the 8, for good measure set the sig digits to 3 and tick the sig digits box, that way you know your only going to use the last 3 digits you receive and then put the 8 in front.

If you need to change the incoming number from say 501 to 8401 then use a translation pattern. Just make sure you have your partitions and search spaces set up correctly (and you understand them) otherwise you may have it working but be blocked by the search space assigned to the gateway.

Tip: Don't configure the gateway with a Calling Search space that can make calls externally. Always use a Translation pattern/route point to do this.

Paul

ehaseki
Level 1
Level 1

Jeff,

If you want to convert the number coming from PRI by putting 8 in front of them just use "num-exp ... 8..." command in your voice gateway's global configuration mode, but if your aim is to convert the coming number 501 to 8401 use translation pattern.

Regards.

Erdem...

pacameron
Level 4
Level 4

Simplest way to get around this is to use num-exp command, but as this is applied to called and calling numbers in bound and outbound, it is better to use a translation rule. Assuming you have a DID range of 000 - 999, then you could use a translation rule like this -

translation-rule 1

rule 0 ^0.. 80

rule 1 ^1.. 81

rule 2 ^2.. 82

rule 3 ^3.. 83

rule 4 ^4.. 84

rule 5 ^5.. 85

rule 6 ^6.. 86

rule 7 ^7.. 87

rule 8 ^8.. 88

rule 9 ^9.. 89

voice-port 1/0:23

translated called 1

when a call comes through the voice port 1/0:23, the router will look at the called number. If it starts with 0 through to 9 and has 2 more digits (the ^ symbol ensures the match is made at the start of the string) the router will prepend the leading first digit with '8' with the original trailing number intact. You can prove the translation rules are working with the following command-

Router2#

Router2#test translation-rule 1 000

The replaced number: 8000

Router2#test translation-rule 1 123

The replaced number: 8123

Router2#test translation-rule 1 234

The replaced number: 8234

Router2#test translation-rule 1 555

The replaced number: 8555

Router2#test translation-rule 1 999

The replaced number: 8999

Router2#

This will then send the correct called numbers that correspond to the call manager's extension ranges.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: