cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PRI T-1 to VG200 goes into Lockout

rlbrumm
Level 1
Level 1

I am having an issue of the PRI T-1 circuits going to my VG200 gateways for CallManager going into Lock Out. They connect to a Nortel Opt 81. I can disable and re-enable the D-channels for the circuits and they come back clean. This takes about a week before many channels are locked out again. Is there any way to keep this from happening. I have MCDN checked on the config of the gateway.

Help is always appreciated.

1 Reply 1

mkoci
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry, this isn't a solution, but are you using MGCP? I had a problem with a T1 going to a Nortel - not sure what option. The vg200 was using h323 and everything ws working. Over a break I decided to try mgcp and that's when I ran into the situation that you have. I had 2 vg200s, vg200-1 was local PRI and long distance T1, vg200-2 was local PRI and Nortel T1. It seemed inbound calls worked OK, but outbound from the Nortel T1 would lock the channels. IP phones didn't have a problem going out, but they didn't use the Nortel T1. The phone guy and I played with it for a week and gave up. So we're back to H323 and things are working fine.

Mark

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: