cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PRI Termination and aut-attendant on the same box. Possible?

travis-dennis_2
Level 7
Level 7

Hello all,

will IOS telephony software loaded onto a 3640 allow the 3640 to handle a PRI AND be an auto-attendant? I am integrating a legacy phone system and Call Mananger and for this situation the only way to get Caller ID info from outside calls to both systems is to have the auto-attendant in front of both systems, not residing on either. If it can be done but with different hardware let me know that as well. I might change out the hardware if it doean't break the bank! Thanks in advance.

4 Replies 4

tringwelski_2
Level 1
Level 1

Yes with ITS, you can load the TCL for the AA, the AA would answer all calls, except there is an issues with ITS, and CCM would look like external systems, and how would you then route calls to your legacy pbx? You may not have to run the ITS, just run the TCL scripts to intercept the call and route to the respective system, are there specific did extensions (assuming this is a did pri) in both systems? and your route plan does not overlap. There is probably more info on both system behind the gateway which would be needed to explore your options and best solution.

Here is a link for IOS TCL scripting:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2192/products_qanda_item09186a008009483b.shtml#Q20

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2192/products_configuration_example09186a0080094ce7.shtml

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. What I need is for the router to answer all calls with a greeting that I record, allow caller input (dial an extension, press 6 for company hours, yada yada yada) and based on what they press, send the input digits( i.e. they dialed 111 for an extension and 111 gets sent ) out a FastEthernet on the router to CM or over a second PRI to the legacy system. I need the router to pass the original calling party caller ID number to both systems though. Possible

Use the auto attendant script that comes with the ITS version 2.0 distribution. This will answer the call, play the prompts, collect the digits and make the call. You have 2 options in using this with CM and ITS. If you want the ITS AA script to answer all calls, including ones for CM extensions, do the following :

!

dial-peer voice 1 pots

incoming called-number .

application

port 1/0:23

!

dial-peer voice 2 voip

destination-pattern 1...

codec g711ulaw

ip precedence 5

session target ipv4:

!

If you want the PRI to have an DID range that allows calls to ring to CM extension based on the original number dialed, you could do the following:

(assumes extnsion and indial range on PRI is in the 1XXX range, ITS phones are in the 2XXX range)

dial-peer voice 1 pots

incoming called-number 2...

application

!

dial-peer voice 2 pots

incoming called-number 1...

direct-inward-dial

!

dial-peer voice 2 voip

destination-pattern 1...

codec g711ulaw

ip precedence 5

session target ipv4:

!

Check out the readme guide that comes with the Auto Attendant TCL script for more information.

Thanks for the configs and info. I have a couple of questions though. I want IT to answer all calls. I will have DIDs on both the legacy phone system (connected to the router via a second PRI) and on Call Manager. I will want the router to forward those DIDs along to either system. For my main DID number I want the router to answer with a greeting, allow caller input and route to either system based on the extension. There are no ranges involved. The extensions are 100-199 right now. Where ext. 199 might be on the legacy side 198 might be on CM and so forth. I know it might take more work with more dial-peers but is this possible?

Secondly, will the router forward on the original calling parties caller ID information?

Thanks in advance!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: