Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

PRI to FXS call routing within the same gateway

I am trying to configure inbound faxing on a CME router. The call comes in on a PRI with a full 10 digits being sent from the carrier. The number is then translated to 4 digits.

I want that call to be sent to an FXS port 0/3/0 where the fax machine is plugged in. Below you will see my current configuration.

translation-rule 1

Rule 1 5555555 4

dial-peer voice 5555555 voip

description <= *** Xlate E.164 number down to 4 digit extension *** =>

destination-pattern 5555555...

translate-outgoing called 1

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:10.20.20.3

dtmf-relay sip-notify

codec g711ulaw

no vad

dial-peer voice 100 pots

incoming called-number .

fax rate disable

direct-inward-dial

port 0/0/0:23

dial-peer voice 4941 pots

answer-address 5555554941

incoming called-number 5555554941

direct-inward-dial

port 0/3/0

!

dial-peer voice 49411 pots

destination-pattern 4941

port 0/3/0

forward-digits all

In this configuation you are able to receive incoming external or internal calls to 555-555-4941; it will go the fxs port 0/3/0 and ring the fax machine. The problem is if you try to go off-hook on port 0/3/0 you get an immediate fast busy, so you are unable to make an outbound call.

If you were to shutdown dial-peer 4941 then the outbound calls work but the incoming calls fail, you just get a fast busy.

The problem has to do with the incoming dial-peer 4941 but i dont know what i need to change to make both incoming and outgoing calls work. Please advise.

Thanks

4 REPLIES
Community Member

Re: PRI to FXS call routing within the same gateway

Hi

Try to use voice translation-rule...

1. voice translation-rule 777

rule 1 /5555554\(...\)/ /4\1/

2. voice translation-profile 777

translate called 777

3. voice-port 0/0/0:23

translation-profile incomming 777

4. remove dial-peer voice 4941

You can test this translation using "test voice translation-rule 777 5555554941"

Let ous know if that helped...

Regards

Wojtek

Community Member

Wojtek:

I appreciate the response. I was wondering if you or someone could explain to me what this is supposed to accomplish or how it accomplishes my goal. I am not understanding this solution.

The translation pattern that is currently being used works to strip the number down from 10>4 digits.

Thanks

Community Member

Hi Jeff,

So, if your translation is working, what for are you using "dial-peer voice 4941 pots"?

Try to use "debug voip dial-peer all" and analyze which dial-peer is your incoming, and which one outgoing dial-peer for incoming/outgoing call to/from your fax machine.

In my opinion you should delete "dial-peer 4941 pots" and add configuration, which I sent you in my previous post, to your config and it should start to work.

Let ous know if it started to work... :-)

Regards

Wojtek

Community Member

For those that care. The problem had nothing to do with translations but the following command "fax rate disable".

That was applied to the incoming peer and was missing on the outbound peer. When that was added it corrected the problem. I removed dial-peer 4941 and kept peer 49411.

dial-peer voice 49411 pots

destination-pattern 4941

port 0/3/0

The problem was that when you placed an outbound call from the fxs port it would hit a peer that was missing the "fax rate disable" command. A decision was made to remove that command from all of the dial-peers. That resovled all the issues.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content