Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Primary extension on a multiple shared line phone?

Greetings -

I have user who is an executive admin with a 7960G + 7914 on CCM 3.32spC. In addition to her extension, she has 3 shared extensions which are the extensions of the managers she supports.

When any of the 4 extensions ring, she picks up the handset and that answers the incomming call on whatever line is ringing.

She would like to have the phone configured so that when she goes off hook, her extension is always the one used, even if one or more of the shared extensions are ringing. She would then manually select the ringing extension and answer the call appropriately for that manager.

I have considered installing IPMA but I am hesitant to add to my "stable" production cluster.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gold

Re: Primary extension on a multiple shared line phone?

You want the CallManager service parameter "Always Use Prime Line". This does as you ask, but be aware that it's a global parameter and will change behavior for all your users. Your "prime" line is the first line on your phone.

1 REPLY
Gold

Re: Primary extension on a multiple shared line phone?

You want the CallManager service parameter "Always Use Prime Line". This does as you ask, but be aware that it's a global parameter and will change behavior for all your users. Your "prime" line is the first line on your phone.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content