cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Priority Calling

adignan
Level 8
Level 8

Can you do priority calling with callmanager. I have a client who currently uses priority calling - If you call someone and get a busy signal, the caller can press a button and the reciever gets a special tone that signifies the person calling is important. Anyone familiar with that.

4 Replies 4

mschlenger
Level 3
Level 3

Hey Digger,

To my knowledge, this functionality is not available through CCM 3.2.2. Assuming you have 7940's and above, you should be able to receive mutiple calls to a single phone and let that person decide via caller id whether or not they want to answer the call. Even further, if you have call waiting enabled on each line appearance, given 2 line appearances, you have the possibility to handle 4 phone calls simultaneously before a busy. And it keeps going up by 2 with every line appearance added. Maybe give the person(s) requiring "priority calling" and extra line appearance or 2..possibly a side car to protect against a busy. I think you catch my drift!

That probably answered absolutly NOTHING for you...ha!

adignan
Level 8
Level 8

Hey Mike...how goes it.

I think what I can do is do a forward busy to voice mail and have a hidden key that a person can press during the voicemail message and will send the call to line 2.

How does that differ from just fwding busy to line 2? Just the special tone? Couldn't they get the same info from caller id (of course visually vs. an audible tone)? hmmm... thats interesting. Let me know if you get that working.

It differs in the fact that if the person is on a call they won't get bothered, the calls will go straight to voicemail. They want there bosses to be only ones that get through to them if they are on the phone. The bosses can press 6 during the greeting message and get to line two. Well see what happens. How are things going at n2n?