cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Private Extensions with IPC Enterprise

jamjam200
Level 1
Level 1

I have an extension : 5000. This ext needs to route through ipcc first (for call reporting )so the way I have it set up is.

ext: 5000 - on the phone is in a private partition.

I Have a CTI route point (same number 5000) in the General phone partition - so that when the number is called the rout point answers it.

The route point then sends the call to IPCC,

IPCC then sends the call back out (using the same extension - 5000 ) which should then go to the physical phone. The route point has a CSS with the private partition in

The issue is the call comes back busy. its as if IPCC can not see the ext number in the private partition,

Two questions

1) where do I tell ipcc to send the number back out using a different CSS – At the momenent it is using Default??

2) Is there another way to do this

Any help would be great

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The issue here is that the the CSS of the GW or where the call is coming from needs to include all partitions a call will go trough to reach IPCC target. So, to fix your issue assign both private and general partitions in the calling search space of the device originating the call (GW if call comes from outside), make sure the General partition is listed first in the CSS, so it will route the call to the CTI RP first.

Your CTI RPs, and CTI ports (if call is to be possibly queued) CSS has to have access to the private parition in order to reach the device target which is the phone.

Hope this helps

Chris

ok, I have given the device which makes the origional call a CSS that can see both the general part (for the CTI RP) and the private part (for the phone)

I have given the CTI RP the same CSS but still get this problem, IPCC returns a busy signal, like it can't see the phone. ??

Is IPCC configured correctly? Is the phone configured as a device target? Is it associated with pguser? Is the CTI RP configured as a dialed number on IPCC, and it mapped to a calltype? Is the call type scheduled with correct script? Do you see a call coming into the script when you monitor it?

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: