Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Private Password Phrase

Hello,

I have an existing server 3.3.3 SR1 running as the publisher. I need to add a subscriber into the cluster, however when I try to enter the private password phrase I get an error that the passwords do not match. I am 100% possitive that they are the same. Is there a way to recover this on the publisher or a way to troubleshoot this.

Thanks in advance

Ryan Santry

5 REPLIES

Re: Private Password Phrase

I do not believe that there is a way to recovery it. but there is a utility in the sti directory to change all off the passwords. you might try and do that then you would know what they are.

hope this helps

scott

Bronze

If your servers are joined to a domain, you will have this problem. Remove the servers, and the password error should go away.

Unless of course your passwords really are mismatched. In this case you can reset the password using the AdminUtility.exe found in c:\program files\cisco\bin.

The servers are not in the domain, also the AdminUtility.exe does not have a spot for the private password phrase in it. I am open to anymore ideas about this.

Thanks

Ryan

Cisco Employee

You must use 3.3(3) CDs to add subscribers to a 3.3(3) cluster. 3.3(2) CDs will not work. Get CDs at:

http://www.cisco.com/upgrade

Blue

Also, you cannot use special characters in the pass phrase. Only use a-z or 1-9.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content