Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Problem accessing SA -unity 3.1.3

Can't access the SA from any computer however it works ok locally. Tried IE5.5 sp2 and got runtime errors. If I clicked ok, I can get to the subscriber screen but then all the fields are blank. I can access Unity from my laptop though. This laptop has been used previously to access other Unity systems though (the java applet has been downloaded). Unity doesn't seem to ask any of the new administrators to download java? All the security settings are set on low and java is enabled

7 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Problem accessing SA -unity 3.1.3

It's actually not Java... the media master control is ActiveX. Make sure you have that enabled on your browsers.

Yes Active X has been enabled on the browser. the error that I get says:

Line 2178, object expected error, code 0, url http://ip address of my unity server/Web/SA/BodyAsp/SubsPrtBody.asp

Cisco Employee

well, the short story is if it's working on box but you can't get your off box clients to work, it must be an issue with the client configuration since the ASP code generation is clearly working properly on the server side of the fence. Unity is not involved in the transmision of the pages to the client desktop, IIS does that.

If it's not the improper version of IE or a permissions issue in the IE configuration it might be a problem with a virus scanning package or the like or something along those lines... beyond that I'd be hard pressed to guess what might be going on.

How should I be setting up the clients. It seems that I can access the SA from some pcs but not others. All are on the same segment, same switch. They are all running IE5 sp2 with the same security settings. What wouldn't the browser install the media master applet? When I bring up the sa on the non-working computers, all the fields are blank.

Cisco Employee

The only thing I can suggest at this point is to try and remove any instance of the media master control on one of the boxes having problems with it... it could be that one was downloaded earlier or something along those lines and it wont download an updated one. You can force this by going to \Winnt\Downloaded Program Files\ and look for a file name "AvMediaMasterCtrlClass" and delete it. Then when you go to an SA page with the control on there it'll force it to reload it from the server again...

Thanks Jeff, I really appreciate it. I tried this with same results. The media master redownloaded and installed but my screen still has the fields unpopulated.

I'm having the same problem as described above. Did anyone ever figure this out?

Views
Helpful
Replies