cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem adding user from Exchange

pjt8537
Level 1
Level 1

Running Unity 3.1(6) in an Exchange 2000 UM environment. Having troubles with Unity not picking up a new user that was added to Exchange. The user shows up in AD without any Unity attributes. Any ideas as to why Unity would not pick up the new user?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ah yeah... the GSM's import requires stored procs that didn't show up intil the 4.x Unity line - forgot about that.

Were there any errors in the bulk import log? Anything show up in the event log?

also, there's a good tech tip to walk through for import problems:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_white_paper09186a0080192db6.shtml

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you try to import with the bulk import utility and/or the Global Subscriber Manager tool? It could be a number of items such as a DC issue or that Unity doesn't have rights to the container the user is contained in or the like.

Global Subscriber Manager lets you surf directly to the folder in AD and see the users there - if you can import from there we know there's another issue at play - if not, it's likely a rights/access issue.

OK, tried both. I can import with the bulk import utility, but the user in question still does not show up. I can access the Global Subscriber Manager tool, but when I select Import User, the system pops up an Import User not supported (Import User is not allowed for this server.) error message. Where can I turn this on, or is it a 4.0 only feature? I think we are on the right path here.

Ah yeah... the GSM's import requires stored procs that didn't show up intil the 4.x Unity line - forgot about that.

Were there any errors in the bulk import log? Anything show up in the event log?

also, there's a good tech tip to walk through for import problems:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_white_paper09186a0080192db6.shtml

Thanks! Turns out that the person that built the e-mail account didn't define the persons first and last name in the individual active directory fields. Thanks for your help Jeff!