Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Problem importing users

I have a problem importing subscribers because Unity does not display all users that existed in Exchange. These users were added to Exchange after the configuration setup was run. Do I have to run configuration setup again? And it is OK to run it again?

Another problem is that if I reboot Unity, it will fail to start. However if I right click and select start Unity it will start fine. I checked the event log and I get the following in the system event log

1)

Event Type: Information

Event Source: DnsApi

Event Category: None

Event ID: 11152

Date: 28/01/2003

Time: 4:10:17 PM

User: N/A

Computer: DP-UNITY

Description:

The system failed to register network adapter with settings:

Adapter Name : {14AEE670-17F4-44EE-8ED8-B8B47411EB3B}

Host Name : xxxx

Adapter-specific Domain Suffix : xxxx.com

DNS server list :

Sent update to server : 172.21.50.1

IP Address(es) :

The reason it could not register was because either: (a) the DNS server does not support the DNS dynamic update protocol, or (b) the primary zone authoritative for the registering names does not currently accept dynamic updates.

To add or register a DNS host (A) resource record using the specific DNS name for this adapter, contact your DNS server or network systems administrator.

Data:

0000: 0000232c

2)

Event Type: Warning

Event Source: MSMQ

Event Category: (1)

Event ID: 2044

Date: 28/01/2003

Time: 4:17:37 PM

User: N/A

Computer: xxxx

Description:

The description for Event ID ( 2044 ) in Source ( MSMQ ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following information is part of the event: .

1 REPLY

Re: Problem importing users

One problem at a time, hoss. First of all, what version of Unity and Exchange are you running?

For the importing of users, are you saying that you already imported the users and can't import them again, or you're trying to import new users? Are you using the Import Utility or SAWeb? If you're doing one of those, try the other. Also, crank up the Remove Subscriber Properties tool to see if those users you want to import are already showing up as Unity subscribers. If you see a bunny icon next to their name in the tool, verify they existance in Unity via the SAWeb or DOHPropTest. If there is no bunny icon next to their name, then there are different measures we can take depending on the version of Exchange you're running.

For your DNS error, you should look through http://support.microsoft.com for more information. You can start with information culled from here:

http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=11152&source=DnsApi+

And for the last app event log error, I'm assuming that's coming in during startup. You can safely ignore that.

What we'd like to see are any app event log errors and warnings pertaining to Unity during startup. If Unity is unable to start, you're going to see more than just these two errors. DNS is a concern, as if it isn't working, then Active Directory won't work, which means Exchange won't work, which, by now you probably can see, Unity won't work. It's like the circle of life or something with all these lichen and mosses living on trees and and birds and squirrels scattering about and stuff looking for food.

adam

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content