Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Problem in call forwarded to external mobile phone between two cluster

Problem Description: WE have two site and two call manager cluster. Calls from outside arrive all to the same Voice Gateway in the major site and are forwarded to the secondary site if the number called is in that site. The secondary site has a local VG for outgoing calls only. The problem is quite simple (to describe...): one phone in the secondary site is forwarded to external mobile phone and an external caller call it. It should be forwarded to the mobile phone but this doesn't work. We heard a reorder tone. The same "trip" with fixed external phone like "end terminal" works without problem. Obviously, the calls generated directly from the secondary site towards the same mobile phone work without problem We have done a lot of troubleshhooting and what we noticed is that the only difference between the working case and the one not working is the delay introduced in call forward between the two site before the call is active. So, in my opinion there is some timer that end and release the calls in the first cluste. Another important info is that debugging the first VG we have seen after 8 sec. from the call setup incoming there is an outgoing calls towards the secodnary site. This is because in main site there is a route-list that point to secondary site with first choice IP and second choice PSTN. So, probably the first CM doesn't receive the connect before some timeout and makes the external calls toward the secondary site. So the solution could be increase that timer. The problem is that we can't understand which is the right one!

4 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Problem in call forwarded to external mobile phone between t

Check for any dial plan issues and also the timer adjustment. You can try out the codec mis matches for G711 nad G729 between mobile and your config also.

Cisco Employee

There are a number of different issues which could be causing this problem, and I'm sure we'll be able to resolve it for you. You'll need to open a TAC case for further troubleshooting, and please have ready the detailed CCM trace (and SDL trace) from both CallManager clusters ready to provide the TAC engineer.

I have done it. Now I'm working with cisco Tac engineer to resolve the issue. As soon I will have the solution I will post to this forum.

I get the same problem in France with call forwarded to a mobile phone. I worked with the operator and we noticed a timer problem . The T303 timer expired after 4 seconds on the operator side but we couldn't understand why.

After some investigations, it appears that the TEI used was not the same between the incoming call and the forwarded call to the mobile. This problem appears only with a dynamic TEI (>64) configuration. With a static TEI, the T303 timer does not clear the call after 4s, only the 310 timer is active.

Dynamic TEI is the default configuration for H323 gateways, so we changed it to use a static TEI with the command isdn static-tei 0 and everything went fine.

Here is a sample of our configuration now :

interface BRI1/0

no ip address

no ip mroute-cache

isdn switch-type basic-net3

isdn incoming-voice voice

isdn T310 60000

isdn sending-complete

isdn static-tei 0

isdn skipsend-idverify

Hope it will help

Marc