Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Problem setting up 7960 w/ 7914 exp module

I have a 7960 phone with the 7914 expansion module. I have configured the phone button template so the 7914 buttons are listed. I have added the template to the 7960 phone & reset.

When the phone starts up all the 7914 buttons are red. Once the phone is fully booted all the lights on the 7914 go out & there is nothing listed on the display of the 7914, also the 7960 just has the first DN listed & nothing else on the display next to the 6 buttons.

How do I get the speed dial entries I configured for this phone to show up?

TIA

4 REPLIES
Blue

Re: Problem setting up 7960 w/ 7914 exp module

to configure speed dials, you can use the CCMUSER pages.

in a browser goto https://ccmPUBipaddy/ccmuser

enter a username/password. any phones/devices associated with that user will have access to setup SpeedDials.

(or you can update speedDials from the phoneConfiguration in ccmadmin. use the Add/Update SpeedDials option on the phone configuration page)

as far as your 7914, do you have the 7914 template defined on the phone configuration page? you need the phone template plus the ExpansionModule template defined. is the template created correctly?

I am pretty sure I set up the templates correctly. Is there a walk-through somewhere I can use to check it?

was just wondering.. do you supply enough power to the 7914? you need a power cube even if you power the the 7960 through inline power:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_data_sheet09186a008008883d.html

Regards

/David

I'm having the same problem with installting the 7914 module on our phones (7960s with 4.1 CallManager). I see all the lights come on and see it go through the start up process but do not see any of the speed dials I've added. Did you get this resolved yet?

Thanks in advance.

Views
Helpful
Replies