Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Problem when running Configuration Setup App

I get an error at the final stage of running the Configuration Setup app that is placed on your desktop. The error I get is "Failed to reassign the installer's account to the current user"<br><br>Any idea's as to what is happening here?? The AD Schemas have been applied. Think something was missed or configured improper.<br><br>Thanks to all who can help.<br><br>

5 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Problem when running Configuration Setup App

Find the tempu.log on your system. Look for an error in there associated with this issue - it should follow 'Setting up the installers account'.
We have seen a similar problem before in testing but could not reproduce it. You may have to escalate through TAC.

Anonymous
N/A

Here are the key outputs from the tempu (sorry for the wrap)

2001-11-13T09:09:39 - Modify the installers account. (h:\commsvr\Sources\UnityConfig\Setup\generalstore.cpp 209)
2001-11-13T09:09:40 - ERROR:Failed to get the installers Object ID. (h:\commsvr\Sources\UnityConfig\Setup\generalstore.cpp 879)
2001-11-13T09:09:40 - ERROR:Failed to remove the first installers account. hr = 0x80040e14 (h:\commsvr\Sources\UnityConfig\Setup\generalstore.cpp 964)
2001-11-13T09:09:40 - ERROR: Failed to reassign the installers account to the current user. hr=80040e14. (h:\commsvr\Sources\UnityConfig\Setup\generalstore.cpp 214)
2001-11-13T09:09:40 - Step:CFailedStep [IDD_FAILED] (h:\commsvr\Sources\UnityConfig\Setup\ThisSetup.cpp 375)
2001-11-13T09:09:40 - Step 'CSetupStep' (1539) modeless: 26889 milliseconds (h:\commsvr\Sources\SetupEngine2\IWLib\src\step.cpp 910)
2001-11-13T09:09:40 - Step 'CSetupStep' (120) modeless: 0 milliseconds (h:\commsvr\Sources\SetupEngine2\IWLib\src\step.cpp 910)

Anonymous
N/A

Not sure if you have access to Cisco defects...this looks similar to CSCdu25037.

Is this a fresh installation of Unity or an upgrade? If it is an upgrade, what version are you upgrading from? You do not need to run Setup Part II if upgrading from a release build.

If this is impacting a customer site, you should open a case with TAC.

Anonymous
N/A

Can you give me a little more info on that defect.

I searched it on the TAC site and couldn't come up with anything on it even with wildcard search.

Second Questions.

Yes this is a fresh install of 3.02. No this is not impacting a customer site but would be nice to know if there are any ideas.

Thanks

Anonymous
N/A

I just updated the record with a release note, hopefully it's visible now. There isn't much information to help you in there anyway.

The tempu.log says 'Failed to get the installer's object ID'
Can you check via SQL or DohPropTest whether or not the installer indeed has an object id? Let me know either way.

You can try re-creating the installer account using ConfigMgr, then run Configuration Setup again. That should recreate the installer and hopefully the same problem won't occur. If it does occur, maybe there is something specific to your system that's causing the problem.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content