Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Problem With 3535 - HELP!

I am in the follow position: 3525 IPVC gateway alarm lite is on when going from extended point of install (in data center) to PRI Port. Telco cannot loopback to the device at all. Distance from the phone room (smart jack location) to the data center is 260 feet. I tested all cabling successfully. When I take the 3525 IPVC gateway to the smart jack and plug directly into it (15ft patch cable) the alarm lite goes off and telco can loopback successfully. Is there a distance issue with the 3525 (in terms of from the smart jack to point of install in data center)? I do not want to leave the hardware in the phone room as we are in a single story multi-tennant building. Has anyone had this issue? Any ideas or help is appreciated!

6 REPLIES

Re: Problem With 3535 - HELP!

I am going from Smart_Jack to 3525_ISDN_PRI_connector to 3525_PRI_port with a striaght-through cable. Should I try enabling Long Haul on the 3525?

try front ending the 3525 with a CSU that can provide a line build out.

THanks, that seems to be the solution. Any ideas on what type of CSU is needed for the PRI ISDN and what the list price is? This should elliminate the impedence.

I've had good experience with CSUs from Adtran. I think they list in the $1500 - $2k range.

I am looking a the Adtran T1 CSU ACE, P/N 1202022L1. It lists for about 500. Do you think this would work?

I don't have experience with that particular box - but as long as it supports PRI signalling (i.e., B8ZS/ESF) and can provide a line build out to overcome the distance issues here, it will probably do the job.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content