Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Problem with 7902 phones

Hi:

We have Cisco Call Manager version 3.3.3 with SR5 and 6000 Catalyst series running 7.1(1a). We have been noticing a strange problem in our IP telephony environment with 7902 phones as the phones finding difficulties in getting and retaining the IP addresses after a power cycle or the layer 2 change (disconnect/connect to the switch). The switch port needs to be disabled and enabled for the phone to come up after a power cycle or the link state change.

Almost tried all the possibilities to resolve this, though all our attempts being a work around and not a permanent solution.

Additional info is as below:

Auxiliary VLAN enabled and made the switch port as a member of voice vlan.

Switch port set to auto / even forced to 10mbps.

Switch port duplex settings have been tried with both auto and forced to half/full.

Please advise me with the solution as someone ever faced/solved a problem like this.

Raj

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
2 REPLIES

Re: Problem with 7902 phones

One of my colleagues had a similar problem after an outage when the DHCP server was unavailable. The phone load appears to have a bug which allows it to do a DHCP request and get an IP address on the Data Vlan. It then gets stuck there as it has no TFTP address in the download.

The bug was still with the Developer last I heard

Re: Problem with 7902 phones

But we even tried configuring the connected port as the member of the voice vlan ,instead of auxilary vlan.Still the problem exists.Also ,we have noticed that the phone was not not able to get the Callmanager address ,even after hard coding the IP address and TFTP server address.

Raj

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.