cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with Acive Media Control on WIN2000

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Jeff,<br><br>I am running WIN2000 professional and IE5.5 on my computer and I cannot get the Active Media Control to install and run on the Active Assisstant and Unity Administration Web page. From the first time on, whenever I launch IE to do Active Assistant or Unity Administration, it doesn't prompt me to download the Active X control for Active Media Control. The end result is I got a blank screen at where the playback /record /pause control buttons suppose to be. Is there a way to force install the Active Media Control?<br><br>This problem happens to me and my clients if we have computers that have WIN2000 installed from scratch. It never happened to WINNT 4 PC and it doesn't happen to PC that already have Active Media Control running on NT4 and upgraded to WIN2000.<br><br>Any suggestion?<br><br>Thanks.<br><br>Daniel Cho<br><br>

7 Replies 7

Not applicable

Well, be sure you don't have your IE 5.5 security configuration setup such that it wont download ActiveX controls or something (I've seen that a few times).

You can check the \WinNT\DownloadedPrograms directory and look for a control called "AvMediaMasterCtrl Class" in here. If you see it, right click on it and select "remove". The next time you access a page that references that control, it'll force it to download the control and you should see the certificate authentication dialog just as if it were the first time you accessed it.

If the control isn't listed here, you probably have some configuration issue on the client that's prohibiting the download of such controls.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg

Not applicable

Hi Jeff,

I have enabled all ActiveX control in I.E. 5.5 security and there is no "AvMediaMasterCtrl Class" in the
\WinNT\DownloadedPrograms directory. However, I still can't get the Active Media Control download when I launch Unity Admin web page again. Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Daniel Cho

Not applicable

If the control isn't loaded/registered on your box and it isn't even coming up with a certificate dialog (i.e. "do you trust Active Voice to load this control on your box?") then it has to be some setting on your client preventing IE from even attempting to download it.

If you've already got your IE set to allow everything (i.e. crank the security down to nothing) and that doesn't work, I have no idea what would be preventing this. I'll ping the SA folks but I've never seen anything like that. I have to believe you have something configured on IE preventing this somehow or another.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg

Not applicable

Jeff, did anyone ever come up with an answer for this one? I have the exact same scenario. We got the certificate notification once, approved the installtion, but didn't get the ActiveX download. Security is nil pertaining to ActiveX. Now, we get no notification, and have no controls. I checked the registry, theres no entry. MES

MES

Not applicable

No... this was reported a couple of times a while back but no one would let us have access to a box where it was happening to try and debug it so we never found the root cause.

If you can let us have access to the box(es) in question, contact TAC and get a ticket open and we'll see if we can figure out what the deal is.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

Cool. Yeah, I was browsing through some old posts and tripped over this one. Do you think they need access to the client PC as well? MES

MES

Not applicable

Yeah, they'll probably want to gain access to the client(s) that are not properly downloading the control.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)