Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

problem with alternate greeting...

I am running CCM 3.3(2)SP C and Unity 4.02. One of my users has enable the internal greeting, but it does not seem to be working correctly. Sometimes, when you dial in from the outside world, you get the internal greeting. Also, some phones internally get the standard greeting. Some phones get the correct greeting. When you look at the call viewer, all calls say "Internal". We are using h.323 gateways with PRIs in each location. What determines whether the call is an internal call, or an external call that was forwarded to voicmail? For that matter, why does this work on some phones and not others?

Alan

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: problem with alternate greeting...

An internal call is one where the calling ID matches the primary or alternate ID of a subscriber in the system... it doesn't have anything to do with the location of the caller (i.e. off the local switch or in from the CO) - so if you call in from home and you have your 10 digit ANI of your house set as an alternate ID of your subscriber, you're considered an "inside caller". What it really should be called is a "known caller" vs. "internal caller" - I know the terminology is a little confusing.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content