Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Problem with call handler

Hi,<br>I have configured my opening greeting such that when the caller presses "1" it will be transfered to a second call handler where in it starts with a greeting & then transfers it to an extension & if the user is not there goes to the mailbox of the user.<br><br>Problem-greeting of the second call handler works fine & then instead of transfering it to an extension directly goes to the voice mail of Eadministrator.<br><br>I have configured the second call handler to call transfer to an extension & the extension is working fine internally.<br>Request ur suggestions for the same.<br><br>Regds<br>Tourus<br><br><br>

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Problem with call handler

The most common problems along these lines are having the rule to hand off the caller to your call handler set to "send to greeting" (which is the default) instead of "attempt transfer". If it's not set to "Attempt transfer" it wont even try the transfer rule, it'll advance right to the greeting rule. So in your case make sure the "1" key rule on your opening greeting is set to "Attempt transfer for" the call handler you're routing to.

also, make sure you have the right transfer rule configured on your call handler... there are 3 (standard, off hours and alternate). I usually reccomend to folks that they activate the alterate transfer rule which will always kick in regardless of the schedule and use that, at least while they're testing it.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies