Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Problem with callback (IPPhone 7905)

Hi everyone!

We've got a problem with callback function for Cisco IPPhone 7905: User dials another extention from IP Phone 7905. If that extention is busy he tries to press CallBack Softkey, but phone doesn't respond to it... Although this softkey is active. I analyzed CCM logs and find out that CallManager (4.1.3) "sees" that user presses CallBack Button (phone sends message "SoftKeyEvent" to CCM). But nothing happens after this: user can press CallBack Softkey again and again and CCM will still see Phone's messages. In normal scenario after receiving "SoftKeyEvent" from IP Phone CCM should respond with "StopTone" and "SetLamp(off)"

This problem is observed only at one phone (I hope)... At least from my tsting 7905 CallBack works perfectly.

I already changed softkey templates. Also I changed places of CallBack softkey (third button to second button) but it doesn't seems to be a right solution.

Any ideas?

6 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: Problem with callback (IPPhone 7905)

Hi Katya,

Are both the affected phone and your test phone in the same device pool?

Do you get any error on the display of the problem phone when "callback" is pressed?

In your testing, are you calling the same busy phone and is the call made exactly the same in both scenarios?

Have you tried changing out the test phone with the problem phone (physically)?

I'm sorry for so many questions, but maybe we can narrow this down.

Rob

Hi Rob,

Yes, both phones are in the same device pool and other settings are the same.

Actually, I was told that there'is no any error message on phone's display when "CallBack" is pressed (phone is located in remote office of our customer)

Yes, calls were made absolutely equally (the same scenario and to the same extention)

No, I haven't done it.

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Katya,

These are always tough aren't they! Next time you are at the customers site can you try to duplicate the problem again. Perhaps someone already had the far end (called)phone on "Callback" when the user who reported the problem tried to use "Callback" as well. My understanding of this feature is that only one person/user can initiate "Callback" against a given extension at any time.This would explain why it worked for you and not them.

The second thing that I would try is to see if the problem phone can initiate callback against other extensions?

The last thing that I would do is trade your phone with the affected phone and see if it makes any difference.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts.....

Rob,

Thanks a lot for your advices. They are really helpful. But in my case answer was much easier.

Fortunately this problem solved afted we rebooted CCM servers

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Katya,

Good stuff! I am glad to hear this is resolved. I wanted to clear up one note from earlier in this thread where I thought the "called" phone could only have one callback against it at any given time. Here is the actual note;

The calling phone only supports one active Call Back request. The called phone can support multiple Call Back requests.

Cisco Call Back only supports spaces and digits 0 through 9 for the name or number of the calling or called party. To work with Cisco Call Back, the name or number of the calling or called party cannot contain # or * (pound sign or asterisk).

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803f3a8a.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content