Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with CME and VPN

a.crippa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a problem with a CME, I put a telephone on remote site, and I create a VPN between 2811 (with CME) and 837 (on remote site) and it's ok, the telephone go on and register on CME, it can call the other telephones and use voicemail etc, but when it call a PSTN number, the telephone IP user can not listen what say the PSTN telephone user. Do you can help me, or suggest how to resolve the item?

Thank you very much.

Bye

A.

3 Replies 3

peter.rowe
Level 1
Level 1

What are you using to access PSTN? BRI? PRI? What IOS /CME versions?

I use tow BRI and the CME version is 3.2, but I have resolved my problem. Seems that CME v3 does not support (ufficialy) remote telephone, but is supported from CME v4.

I resolve using a GRE tunnel instead Peer-to-peer VPN, with this tunnel the remote telephone works fine!

Thank you

A.

Cool, if you really want encryption you could do IPSec over GRE - I've done this and it does work with 3.2/3

Personally I except the voice from encryption, because I don't really see the point.

p.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: