Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Problem with Corporate Directory on 7905/12

Hello,

I was able to modify the multidirectory.asp that came in the CM 3.3.4 IP Services SDK to search our multiple CM clusters. The app works great on 7940 IP phones.

However, 7912 and 7905 phones throw a "xml parsing" error when trying to display the search menu. Changing the way the script displayed the title bar allows us to search, but then no results are returned.

This modified script then runs fine on a 7940. I verified with a text output that the input is being gathered correctly.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? I have not found any direct reference to this not working on 7905/12s. The URI and XML objects used in the multidirectory.asp seem to be the same as used in the default xmldirectory.asp

This is the first time I have had to troubleshoot XML, so please bear with me. Any suggestions? I can upload the script if necessary.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Problem with Corporate Directory on 7905/12

Thanks Jesse. That worked.

I added some debugging outputs and noticed that the 7912 could not pickup the value of the "id" URL parameter. It was getting NaN (or undefined if I converted the result into a string). I therefore renamed the dirID variable to DIRID and replaced the "id" parameter on the URL with DIRID and it worked.

Many thanks for your help.

Chris

5 REPLIES

There is a variable, dirId, that was referenced in the line that was causing the parsing error.

Later in the script, that same var was used as a condition in an IF condition used to parse the directory search results. Specifically, "if (i == dirId || dirId == -1)"

With that removed, it seems to run fine....

Hey Jesse,

Could you tell me what you did with the element please. I cant get a 7912 to display the <CISCOIPPHONEINPUT> section of MultiDirectory.asp at all. It just shows Not Available". 7960/7940 and IP Communicators are fine.</CISCOIPPHONEINPUT>

Many thanks

Chris

Chris,

Through trial and error we found if we removed this line:

"Response.Write( (dirId == -1) ? ALL_DIRECTORIES_PHRASE : dirs[dirId].name );", the directory option would show correctly on the 7912s.

To get the search to function, we then removed all references to "dirId". This includes an IF condition and its reference in the creation of a new directory object.

Everything has been working for a few months with no obvious problems.

Hope this helps.

Jesse

Thanks Jesse. That worked.

I added some debugging outputs and noticed that the 7912 could not pickup the value of the "id" URL parameter. It was getting NaN (or undefined if I converted the result into a string). I therefore renamed the dirID variable to DIRID and replaced the "id" parameter on the URL with DIRID and it worked.

Many thanks for your help.

Chris

Hi Chris,

I have the same problem. I rename the dirID variable to DIRID but I don't understand you when you say "...and replaced the "id" parameter...". Please, can you write me a line code with this replace?

Thank you very much.

--

Alberto

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content