Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Problem with Dialogic Card dominating ports

We have for some time had all 12 of our dialogic card ports answering PBX callas and 4 licensed ports answering call manager calls.

We recently reduced the number of ports configured to answer PBX caalls on the dialogic board via unity admin to 8.

Ports 9-16 were, in turn, assigned to clal manager and assigned the correct extensions. All of this was done after the call manager VM ports had been correctly updated for this, and the TSP updated to reflect the new ports and Unity restarted.

Unity admin correctly reflects that ports 1-8 are pBX serial integration ports and 9-16 are clal manager ports, however - when a call comes into the first call manager port - it still comes into port 13.

And the extensions assigned to ports 8-12 do not answer call manager calls - but continue to respond if we manually dial the numbers of the ports going into the dialogic card.

So it seems that dialogic isn't letting go of these ports? Is there something we can do more correctly to fix this?

I was also going to open a TAC case if this is too complex - but it seemed liek it might be a no-brainer error I made with the change so thought I'd ask first :-)

Ken Johnson

Mgr. Network Services

LeTourneau University

--------------------------------

CIPTUG

Cisco IP Telephony Users Group

http://www.ciptug.org

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Problem with Dialogic Card dominating ports

You haven't specified the version of Unity being used but I suspect it is pre-4.x. In that case, yes, Unity will first by default grab all of the voice ports offered by the Dialogic TSP. To account for this, you can follow the proceedure "Assigning Dialogic Ports for a Dual Phone System Integration", found in each Integration Guide. For example, see...

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/unity31/integuid/centsmdi/centx312/itappxc.htm

Regards,

Eric

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

You haven't specified the version of Unity being used but I suspect it is pre-4.x. In that case, yes, Unity will first by default grab all of the voice ports offered by the Dialogic TSP. To account for this, you can follow the proceedure "Assigning Dialogic Ports for a Dual Phone System Integration", found in each Integration Guide. For example, see...

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/unity31/integuid/centsmdi/centx312/itappxc.htm

Regards,

Eric

Thanks! As you suspected we are on 3.1(5) - sadly - though with enough free time we'll eventually make the good jump to 4 :-)

That article sounded just right - I tried it - and success!

Thanks!

- Ken

Views
Helpful
Replies