cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with message store logon account

najla
Level 1
Level 1

I've installed all components needed for the installation of Cisco Unity 4.0. However, by executing the Permissions Wizard, the message store services logon account , has been refused. the error was : please do choose an account which is not a domain admins account and which is not exchange 2000 administrator, eventhough, my account was belongs just to 'domain users'. Could you help me?

Thank you.

Najla Ouragini.

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is likely a situation where the permissions wizard is making a bad assumption based on the thin error values we get back from AD when checking rights.

In this case it's going to check all the mailstores and see if the account you've assigned to be the messaging account has send as/receive as rights explicitly denied on them - this would typically indicate they were a member of one of the groups listed since by default members of those groups are explicitly denied access.

However it could also be that the account you're running the Permissions Wizard under does not have rights to even check the SA/RA rights on the mailstores and we're not picking up on that and throwing up the bogus error message - you can try adding the account you're running as to the Exchange Domain Servers group and then running the permissions wizard again - this will ensure that we have rights to check for Sa/Ra permissions on the mailstores.

Let me know if that helps and we'll work on seeing if we can get a better error message in there when this crops up.

Well,

I've tryed to add UnityMsgStoreSvc to Exchange domain servers. but, still, the same problem :

The windows user you selected cannot be used as the message store services logon account.

choose an account that is NOT a member of the domain admins group and is NOT a microsoft Exchange 2000 administrator...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: