Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Problem with outside dial tone

We have a single route pattern, 9.@, that will play outside dial tone. For some reason, the phone will not play outside dial tone on one out of every ten or so calls. The CCM traces show that CCM is sending the message to play outside dial tone, but the phone seems to be ignoring it.

We originally we running 4.1(3)SR3a. One TAC engineer had us upgrade to ES62, which didn't fix it, and now we're at ES66 and still have the problem.

This isn't a big deal, really, but it is a little annoying that something so simple is so unpredictable.

Are any of you seeing this same problem? We only have 7961s, so I don't know if this is specific to that phone or not.

Thanks,

John

4 REPLIES
Blue

Re: Problem with outside dial tone

try to downgrade or upgrade the ip phone load.

this may help. the fact that you see ccm sending the playTone to the phone, but the phone doesn't, would lead me to focus on the phone.

As a confirmation, I just did a packet capture from the phone itself. It is definitely receiving the message to play outside dial tone, it's just ignoring it once in a while.

I think I have the most recent phone load available running on the phone, but I'll check with TAC.

Thanks,

John

Okay, I just downloaded the 8.0.3 phone load zip file for the 7941/61 phones. I've extracted the files and copied them to the TFTP server. I then reset my phone, but it didn't grab the new phone load. The instructions don't mention this, but do I need to restart the TFTP server or something to get it to recognize the new files?

Nevermind, I just don't know what I'm doing. :-) I figured out how to do this correctly. I've upgraded my phone from 7.0.3 to 8.0.3 and the problem has gone away.

Thanks!

John

Views
Helpful
Replies