Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Problem with "callerinfo" jsp service

When I try to start callinfo service i get this error message:

"org.apache.jasper.JasperException: com/cisco/cti/util/Condition (Illegal Field name "4I")"

Can enyone solve this problem

3 REPLIES

Re: Problem with "callerinfo" jsp service

Try calling the page from a browser, that should give you some more info about the error. Then try to isolate the error by commenting out lines in the jps file (first ensure that the jtapi provider can be created, then it's time to check if the method to get calls is working properly. I never managed to get the 2nd one working, so I took the sample code provided by cisco, wrote my own java application around it, to find out that my implementation worked (even though it's the same code.. just the package name had changed), whereas the one I got from the SDK would not work (but used as a standalone application it worked just fine.. I was able to run the class.. which then polls the phone status every second). So I ended up using my own callerinfoserver class, plus I had to edit the photodirectory application somewhat (trying to look up user details just from the extension did not work, so I used the same user search used for the first search in the photodirectory).

If this all sounds like Chinese to you, then you are in a bit of a pickle.. it kinda requires a developer of the provided services don't work properly, especially if there's a problem with the Cisco provided classes. But perhaps it's just an error in the jsp, so you can debug that watching the communication between application service and phone using a tool like ethereal (set the filter to http).

Did you get the Photodirectory application to work? I know that is a prerequisite for the CallerInfo application, but I haven't even been able to get the photodirectory to work. It brings up the xml for me to enter the "first name", "last name", of "phone number", but after hitting submit, it brings up a page not found error.

Silver

Did you customize the photodirectory application? Read the first few lines of each app for the description and you'll generally see what needs to be modified. Often it is server addresses or passwords.

In the case of photodirectory, you need to supply the address of your ldap server (if you are using the built-in DC Directory LDAP server on CallManager, use the address of your CallManager), the password for your ldap server (set when you configured your CallManager), and the URL that can be used to retrieve the photos from.

Sorry if you've already done this, but just wanted to start at the beginning!

EDIT: Saw your other post in the user section: looks like you've configured the ldap info.

Try calling the photodirectoy URL from a web browser, and examine the XML that is returned. Check the URL in the CiscoIPPhoneInput element and make sure it looks correct. Copy that URL and paste it in your browser and try calling that URL, and see if that works. Calling services from browsers can be a good way to troubleshoot.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content