Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

problem with reactive debug

Every time I start a reactive debugging session it times out and gives me an error:

RMI Error

Connection refused to host:[localhost:1099]; nested exception is: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused

I have no firewalls running, and no other apps are using port 1099. I thought that the application editor opens port 1099 when it is started, but it isn't doing that. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Silver

Re: problem with reactive debug

Hi,

This error implies that the RMI port that the Engine is listening on is different from what the Editor is referencing. The Engine Configuration page, by default references port 1099. Is this set to a different port? If so, go into the file:

C:\program files\wfavvid\wfengine.properties and change the RMI_PORT to match what is on the Engine Config Page. If not, change it back.

In addition to the above also check the following...

If you are using the CRA Editor remote from the server, check for the file c:\winnt\system32\ccn\ccndir.ini, make sure the LDAPURL is using ip

addresses to the LDAP source - ie, if DC Directory, the publisher/subscriber ip addresses.

Regards

Yogi

3 REPLIES

Check to make sure you are using the full workflow file name. (i.e. myscript.aef) Then make a call. If this still does not work, try running the workflow reactive debugger from the CRS server itself

Silver

Hi,

This error implies that the RMI port that the Engine is listening on is different from what the Editor is referencing. The Engine Configuration page, by default references port 1099. Is this set to a different port? If so, go into the file:

C:\program files\wfavvid\wfengine.properties and change the RMI_PORT to match what is on the Engine Config Page. If not, change it back.

In addition to the above also check the following...

If you are using the CRA Editor remote from the server, check for the file c:\winnt\system32\ccn\ccndir.ini, make sure the LDAPURL is using ip

addresses to the LDAP source - ie, if DC Directory, the publisher/subscriber ip addresses.

Regards

Yogi

I believe that is the problem. I've got four installations of CRS, and that ccn file and registry settings make it difficult to work on things and test new features when I jump from client to client. It would be nice, for admin purposes, to have a profile utility that changes all those settings for you. Will anyone write one?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content