Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Problem with RTP header compression

Hi All,

I have 24 1750s connected to a 3660 through channelised E1(hub and spoke). Each of the 1750s have a 2-port FXS VIC. 3660 has two 2-port E&M cards hooked to a TATA Telecom PBX. I get a lot of hissing and disturbance when IP/TRP header compression is enabled between 3660 and 1750s. But the quality is surprisingly good between 1750s with RTP header compression. Codec is default:g729r8. All other settings are default.

My guess is : compressed voice goes through the PBX when there is a call from 3660 to 1750 causing issues while compressed voice packets donot get to the PBX when there is a call between 2 1750s.

Since I have just 64Kb link to each of the 1750s from 3660(central site), one voice call with out compression kills bandwidth.

Any thoughts/ideas?

Your input is appreciated.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES
Community Member

Re: Problem with RTP header compression

I'd suggest you check the IOS versions. cRTP is something that has been changing during the several IOS releases. Maybe, the 1750 share common (or close) IOS versions, while the 3660 is disparate.

Community Member

Thanks for the response. The version i have on 3660 is 12.1(3a)T. Do I need to upgrade?

Thanks again.

Community Member

I'd tell you the following: *maybe* and old version as this would work fine, if the 1750 versions are not too disparate. Which version do they run? My recommendation is that you run similar versions on everything.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content