Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

PROBLEM WITH SRST

Hi Guys,

I just tested out this config today for SRST (2FXO WICS, 2621, IOS 12.2.11T, MGCP). I did have a few problems though.

The analog lines (FXO) we are using for survivability have not been mapped to the DNs on our network. As such no one could call in but the phones could call out. This is an aside actually, but do you think it is possible at the CO to map a range of DNs to a few of even just one analog line?

Also for some reason, the voicemail did not work, either internally or externally. Apparently there is more to this than just putting in the voicemail parameter on the router. Does Unity need to register with the router?

Please find my config pasted below...

CONFIG

======

ip source-address 192.168.54.20 port 2000

max-ephones 24

max-dn 96

huntstop

access-code fxo 9

default-destination 3740

voicemail 3799

time-format 12

date-format mm-dd-yy

keepalive 30

interdigit timeout 10

Limit number of DNs per phone:

7910: 6

7935: 6

7940: 6

7960: 6

ephone-dn 1

preference 0 secondary 9

huntstop

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,

Ade

3 REPLIES

Re: PROBLEM WITH SRST

What version of IOS are you using? I don't think Unity will register with SRST yet...but I might be wrong because I know it was coming. I will register with IOS telephony. Since this is a remote site and in SRST you lose connectivity to CCM you need to specify the number to call VM through the PSTN. Should look some like voicemail 93145551111. It needs a 9 or whatever you use for your access code. I noticed your interdigit timeout was set to 10 this should probably be 2-3 or users will be waiting forever for their calls to setup. If for some reason you want to leave this 10 you can use a # after you dial the number to make it go through faster. Are you trying this with a H323 or MGCP GW? SRST does not support MGCP yet but if you want to use MGCP for the callmanager 12.2.2(11t) allows a hybrid configuration that allows you to use MGCP for CCM and H323 for SRST.

Good Luck!

*** www.iptnetworkers.com ***

Hi,

I am using 12.2.11T. Thanks for the info on interdigit timeout. I guess that is the default as I did not configure that parameter during testing. So you do not think Unity will register with the router? I have a slight problem with my FXOs as the telco is yet to map them to the DNs in my local network.

It is my guess that I can map only one DN to one FXO but I have only one FXO in one of the locations. How will this work out? Do customers have to call one particular number only when the network is in SRST mode? Will callers have to dial an operator's number exclusively to reach the network? Will they be able to leave voicemail?

I understand that SRST is really a failover measure and is not supposed to sypport all features. But Cisco says that this is possible and I want to know for sure how it can be setup.

Regards,

Ade

Do you have a sample config with MGCP and SRST configured? I am working on this right now and want to make sure I am on the right track

Thanks for any help

Views
Helpful
Replies