cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with Unity and Exchange Server

scottjb78
Level 1
Level 1

Moved a mailbox to another exchange server and everything is working fine, except in Unity it still displays the old exchange server name under the subscriber profile information. How can I change it to see the subscriber on the new server? I've looked all over the options and nothing. Thanks in Advance!

4 Replies 4

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is this a UM or VM only setup? If it is a UM setup, make sure AD has had time update the directory with the new information of the subscriber. On this new Exchange server, has the Permissions Wizards been run on it? Do you have other Unity subscribers homed in to it also, or is this the first one?

You may need to kick Unity, give it a reboot and see if the AD information updates the local SQL database. But if you just installed a new server and did a mailbox move in Exchange to this new server..AND Permissions Wizards has not been ran.... this would be the problem.

let us know..

This is a voicemail that belongs to an ip phone with its own extension. The email server that we moved the outlook mailbox too already has other unity subscriber and email accounts with voicemail setup already.

I just created a new storage group on it and moved my outlook mailbox to it using the exchange wizard to move the mailbox. Voicemails are still being delivered but the indicator light on the phone stays lite and does not respond to new messages being heard in outlook. The profile in unity is still pointing to the old email server. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and I hope the extra information helps. It may be that the unity subscriber just needs a reboot? Could it be that easy??

I would first try and reset the MWI light on the phone. Clear out the light and make sure there are no new vm's in the exchange account. Now, leave a new VM and see if the light turns. What I think you are seeing is that the Unity is out of sync with Exchange. Unity will sync (kind of like a double check of MWI lights) at a certain time of the day.

Here is the other catcher. Exchange address book usually only updates once a day. So if you just moved that subscriber to a new exchange server, it will take about 24 hours for it to populate the address book correctly. Unity also uses pulls this type of information or reads from Exchange. A simple reboot would probably work also.

Since you have Unity pointed to both Exchange Servers and it is working fine on both servers, I would have to say it is just some Replication issue that will either resolve itself with a reboot of Unity, or a "wait til tomorrow" and see. It is odd that the MWI does not respond, but that's probaly because it is out of sync with Exchange. (time fixes or a reboot)

scott.searle
Level 1
Level 1

You can modify this parameter within the UnityDB.

Open the 'Subscriber' table and look for the 'Home Server' parameter and modify entry.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: