cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with USB key

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

<br>For some reason it appears my USB key is not getting recognized. When I try to install Unity 3.0(2) it only gives me the Confirm Demonstration Licensing screen pops up.<br><br>I installed it correctly the first time, and I have gone back and uninstalled/refound it a few times. It is using the Rainbow driver.<br><br>Any ideas?<br><br>thanks<br>m<br><br>

2 Replies 2

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

Is it coming up as just a USB token?

You might want to try to remove the driver like this:

1) Rename the Rainbow Technologies folder (in \Program Files by default)

2) Remove HKLM | Software | Rainbow Technologies key from the registry

Caution: Deleting the wrong registry key can cause the server to malfunction.

3) Reboot the server

4) Install the Sentinel driver following the install guide (do this regardless of whether you are using a USB key or a parallel port key).

5) Attach the key to the system.
After these steps Unity setup will run without problems.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

Not applicable

I was able to get the USB key working after manually removing those entries like you suggested, but first I had to Uninstall the Sentinal Program.

Before I did it would give me an error message saying that it did not have sufficient rights to start the service. I had chosen repair and reinstall to no avail, so I uninstalled Sentinal and then reinstalled. Worked like a charm. I am so excited, I think I'm gonna pee...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: