Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Problems configuring translation patterns with CCM 3.3(3).

Hi there,

is it possible to use the character "#" in a translation pattern??

What we would like to do is to translate a range of number from 29XXX to 0057729XXX#.

Unfortunately we saw that, if the translation is done using a unique number without "variables", it works great (i.e.: 29567 translated in 0057729567# without any "X" characters it works).

Using "X" characters the result of the translation is to double the last specified digit, stripping the last digit before the octothorpe ("#") character: i.e. 29XXX in 0057729XXX#, where XXX = 123, the result of the translation is: 29123 = 0057729912# .

Do you have any hints??

Regards

Paolo

paolo.marovino@getronics.com

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Problems configuring translation patterns with CCM 3.3(3).

I have come across a bug in this regard. You can search in Cisco's Bug Toolkit.

Re: Problems configuring translation patterns with CCM 3.3(3).

Paolo,

What do you want to do with the resulting pattern? If the aim is to send the number via call proccessing again to say a route pattern then why not just create a route pattern that closely matches the number of digits in the resulting string.

so

TP 29XXX = 0057729XXX

RP 0.057729XXX (urgent Priority)

this way you'll get the match immediately and route the call without the need for the #

Paul

Views
Helpful
Replies