Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems connecting a Cisco 1751 with a Siemens Hicom 300 PABX

Hi!

I'm having problems connecting a Cisco 1751 router with a Siemens Hicom 300 PABX. I have two routers connected by a frame relay circuit, on site A I have an Alcatel PABX connected with a Cisco 1751 via 2 ISDN links. In site A everything works fine, both bri ports are Ok and I have dial tone.

On site B I have the same 1751 router, with a BRI NT/TE VIC. I configured the router in the same way I did in SITE A, but both BRI ports are having trouble in Layer 2. My routers are playing the role of NT devices. I used the basic-net3 switch type and then changed to qsig. Problem stays the same. Sometimes the router says "Check The Clock Source". I've been in contact with Siemens and the problem seems to be in Layer 2. Does anyone ever configured a Siemens Hicom 300 with a 1751 router?

I found a similir scenario, but with a 2621 router using BRI qsig signaling.

The PDF can be found at: http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/acs_mod/cis2600/sw_conf/pbx_int/26sbriqs.pdf

Network scheme:

|ALCATEL|---2xISDN BRI---|1751|-x-(Frame Relay)-x-|1751|---2xISDN BRI|--|Siemens|

Any help is welcomed!

Thank you!

3 REPLIES

Re: Problems connecting a Cisco 1751 with a Siemens Hicom 300 PA

Are you refering to Siemens Hicom 300 or 300E? How many extensions and which handsets are in use?

Hi!

Thank you for your reply.

I'm refering to Hicom 300. More or less than 50 extensions. The handsets I can't remember, I'll have the ask my client. If this can help, I've made a few tests during this weekend and I found that with some special configurations using QSIG signaling I can have the circuit UP for some momments.

Thank you again!

Hi,

The Hicom 300e has the features to offer both NT & TE with all types of CSTAs. You must use the QSIG signalling, but I think that the handsets in use could be causing the issue. Possible, if you have an equipment connected via the D-type connector, then disconnect it and reset the equipment, bring the link up and reconnect handsets. You'll probably want to do the same with handsets. Note: it worked momentarily with less handsets in use - this is key in your TS.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content