Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems converting 7960 to SIP

Hi all,

I try to install a SIP-Image on a 7960 and did it the way as described on CCO: I changed the OS79XX.TXT, placed the necessary files on my TFTP, changed the SIPDefaultGeneric.cnf and so on...

But it does not work! When I look at the requests from the phone with a sniffer, I can see the phone never asking for the files I have on my TFTP, but for a XMLDefault.cnf.xml it is used to get from Callmanager. But even if I put this file on my TFTP, change the load-ID within that file to my SIP-Image, the phone only says:"Wrong Load ID"

Do you have any ideas for me?

Thanks a lot. Bye.

4 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Problems converting 7960 to SIP

What current skinny load do you have on the phone. Is it a signed load? Your procedure is correct and the first file it should request is OS79XX.TXT.

Nonetheless you should get rid of XMLdefault.cnf.xml file as well, and then it should request SEPDEaful.cnf.xml and if it doesnt find that, then in theory it SHOULD reuest the other files.

Hi,

the actual load on the phone is a P00303030202, bootload is PC03A300. The phone was running with a CCM 3.3(2), but I think, I did not use a signed image.

By the way, the phone always asks for OS79XX.txt, but does not do anything with the information in it. It then asks for the XMLDefauft, after that for SEPmacaddress. And then again from the beginning.

Thanks for your help.

Markus

Bronze

What does the OS79xx.txt file contain?

Hi,

the OS79XX.TXT only contains "P0S30201" without any endings. I´ve also tried "P0S30202", but only with the same effect - nothing happend.

Markus

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content