Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Problems logging into Unity User page (ciscopca)

I have Unity 4.0.2 doing Unified messaging with Exchange 2000 on a seperate server and users can't log into their Personal Communications Assistant page.. <ip address>/ciscopca The web browser displays the login page but has a message that says "Unable to Contact Server" between where it says "Log in" and the "Username" blank. If I type in a valid domain account username and password the page just refreshes. I can't get past the log in page. Administration pages <ip address>/web or <ip address>/saweb work fine. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks a lot.

3 REPLIES

Re: Problems logging into Unity User page (ciscopca)

The Cisco PCA trouble shooting guide as a whole section devoted to common causes for this error message to be displayed. See it here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/prod_troubleshooting_guide_chapter09186a00801ba5c0.html#1038702

The effect is simple, Cisco PCA cannot access the Unity system to obtain any service s, most importantly the Unity authentication service. It is normal that you cannot login to Cisco PCA until this is resolved. If the trouble shooting guide does not cover your case let me know.

PatH

We also had experience where the problem was from the DNS entry. Where the installation process got a network name different then the actual DNS entry.

Verify the "unityurl" value as instructed in this section of the trouble shooting guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/prod_troubleshooting_guide_chapter09186a00801ba5c0.html#1041314

Find the "To Verify That the Cisco PCA Web Applications is configured Correctly" sub section. That's where this is covered.

PatH

Thanks very much for the information. I followed the instructions outlined in the document and everything looked fine. I also could not connect to the status monitor page either, so I waited until the weekend and rebooted the server. A good old fashioned reboot did the trick. Personal Communication Assistant pages and Status Monitor page are now working. Thank you very much for your time and help.

Jay

Views
Helpful
Replies