Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Problems Paging Over MGCP FXS Port

I have my overhead paging system connected to an FXS port configured for MGCP. When we call the paging system it rings once (as it is supposed to), but when it connects we are hearing 6 out-pulsed digits over the paging system, then the caller speaks. Very very annoying. Any ideas why it does this and how to correct it????

Currently we change the port to H323 and it works fine, however I would like to run MGCP.

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
3 REPLIES

Re: Problems Paging Over MGCP FXS Port

Had a similar sounding problem with all analog devices connected to FXS on VG200 using H323. Numbers dialed were randomly duplicated..example: 5551212 might become 5555121122. Depended on length of pulse. Something wrong with DTMF. Never opened a TAC case; found fix using ATA186. If possible, trace to see what digits are being sent to the device. Info only: for paging we use FXO on VG using H323 with no problems.

I opened a TAC case for this problem a few weeks ago and the Cisco engineer was able to verify that it is a bug in the FXS code (I don't have the bug number with me). We had a customer with an IVR attached to FXS ports. IVR's tend to now work well when you send them random digits.

I have a test build of the VG200 image that we are currently trying out. If it works, Cisco will probably put the bug fix into one of the future releases. Until then, I'm not sure what to tell you.

Timothy Davidson

Special Order Systems

We actually have a related problem.

The paging system our client is using is off of one of the vg200's FXS ports controlled by MGCP and what happens is that users dial the preconfigured 555 extension to access the paging system and everything works fine except when the user ends the page (ie hangs up the ip phone handset) the paging system then plays dial tone (generated by the FXS port) and the obviously timesout resulting in a reorder being played forever until someone pulls the power supply out of the wall for the unit.

Basically what I beleive is happening is that the paging system is not sensing the disconnect quick enough from the FXS port and therefore our end resets the port and the paging system still has the line seized and therefore receives dial tone >> reorder etc.

Anyone had any luck with this setup out there? Would switching to an FXS off of our 3640 H.323 gateway make a difference?? MGCP is so nice to set up though.....

Cheers

Views
Helpful
Replies