Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Problems w/Execute object using CM simulator

I am running CM Simulator with 7940/60. All XML objects run without a problem except CiscoIPPhoneExecute (push object).

I am authenticating with an external server by changing the Authentication URL in CM-Sim. Using sniffer I am able to track that my application does send Execute object to phone, but the phone just does not respond. I do not even get any error message back from phone. If it was a CM instead of CM-Sim, at least I would get an error message if there was a problem with authentication.

Has any one tried pushing with CM-Sim? Is it even supported on CM-Sim?

Thanks

7 REPLIES

Re: Problems w/Execute object using CM simulator

Is the Auth URL in your phone correctly pointing to the external server? Please make sure.

As my understanding from a sniffer packet trace, the authentication is actually done by sending a TCP request from the ipPhone to port 200 of a CM, and then i suppose the CM will in turns go to the authentication URL and look for the work "AUTHORIZED", and then return back to the phone.

So, if u don't see the port 200 of your CM_sim being answered, then u probably out of luck using the CM-Sim.

Leo

Pushing works on the simulator. However, by default each device expects the authentication URL to be at http://callmanager-ip/CCMCIS/authentication.asp

Now, since there's no such authentication script, you either have to set it up that way, or set a different device default (for instance http://your-development-box/CiscoIPServices/auth.asp). Modify the original authentication.asp page from the CM in a way that it doesn't make any requests to the CM, and have it return an "AUTHORIZED" message. Also, make sure the authencation page is served via port 80 or it won't work (I've tried with port 8080 for hours, while the phone does get the authentication it then refuses to proceed).

If you'd like, I can post my auth.asp script I'm using with the simulator.

Hi,

Just starting out and the CM is still in transit - but have the simulator working for testing.

Could you please post your auth.asp script - it would be appreciated.

Keith Turner

Here you go. As you can see it's pretty simple. I'm even getting the parameters the script on the CM would usually get.. I could forward those to the actual call manager authentication script if for some reason I'd want to perform a real authentication. But if you load up that file and make it your authentication url, you shouldn't have any problems with push operations even using the CM simulator.

Thank you.

Keith

Hi,

I'm newbie with cm and i would like to use CM Simulator to test some apps.

How do i use CM Simulator?

Assuming you have the Simulator installed and an VOIP phone on your network, run the Simulator and it should detect the phone.

To test service apps, press the default device button and fill out the Services URL with that of the web server you will be hosting your services on. Note that it wants the IP address, no dominan name resolution.

You may then need to reboot the phone using the reset button.

I found that the easiest wat to test was to place a menu object at the Services URL, then make my tests items on it, rather than resetting the URL and rebooting every time I made a new test or name change.

Then when you press the services button on the phone it should display what is returned from the services URL.

I'm still pretty much of a newbie myself, so feel free to correct me if I've missed anything here.

Keith

Views
Helpful
Replies