Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Problems When Reloading Callmanager

I have a setup of two CCM servers (pub and sub) and a single unity server. External PSTN gateway is via a Cisco 2620XM router connected to a fractional E1 circuit.

The Gateway is controlled by CCM via MGCP, but I have been told that this is not supported. The problem I have is whenever I try to simulate a power failure for the whole of the telephony system internal phones are only able to make internal calls, it is not possible to make outbound or receive PSTN calls - it appears that the gateway stops working.

I have tried this on two occasions. After spending much time troubleshooting I found that removing and re-applying the gateway configuration did the trick.

The configuration on the Gateway is attached.

The version of CCM is CCM4.0(2)a and the IOS on the Gateway is c2600-ipvoice-mz.123-6c.bin.

Any suggestions on why this may be happening, as I want this system to reload without having to manually intervene.

9 REPLIES

Re: Problems When Reloading Callmanager

Can you post a 'show ccm-manager' ?

Your config is below for MGCP sections:

ccm-manager redundant-host 10.41.5.4

ccm-manager mgcp

ccm-manager music-on-hold

mgcp call-agent 10.41.5.5

You should add following:

ccm-manager config server (publisher IP) (subscriber IP)

ccm-manager config

The application mgcpapp under the dial-peer for the PRI port is also not needed. TAC has told us this is not needed and can cause problems on dial-peers with PRI voice ports specified under them.

Cisco Employee

Can you please send us a "debug mgcp packet" when you simulate the problem?

Also include:

show mgcp

show mgcp end

show ccm-manager

Thanks!

It looks like mgcp goes into a "hung" state. This happens. That is the reason you are able to fix it by using "no mgcp" and "mgcp" (the other commands do not matter)

Once we are done with that, back up the configs, and try to download configs from the call manager using ccm-manger download-config

and ccm-manager download-config server

and see if that works better for you.. Please note this has to be done after hours.

Cisco Employee

can you also set ccm-manager switchover to immediate. Thanks!

I was on CCO the last night and had a look through bugs within the IOS that is installed on the gateway. I came across the following which may possibly be a possible cause CSCed85513.

Just another point:

I had problems with allowing ccm-manager command to download the config, as it kept setting the channels to 32 on the PRI. The only way to get around the ccm-manager these commands. I also tried to change a few of the setting on CCM to mask out all but the required channels but this also did not work.

The commands that I removed were:

ccm-manager config server 10.41.5.4 10.41.5.5

ccm-manager config

Cisco Employee

have you set up your maintenance channels in ccm service parameters? Otherwise, CCM will set the channels to 32 by default.

Yes this was done, but CCM still configured the channels to 32.

The configuration changes was the BCHANNEL MAINTENANCE STATUS.

Cisco Employee

can you please send us the debugs?

Thanks!

I just recently retested this and had the same symptoms.

On upgrading the IOS on the PSTN gateway the issue with the gateway was disappeared.

Thanks for you help.

Rafiq.

Views
Helpful
Replies