Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Problems with conferencing.

Hi,

I'm facing some problems with conferencing. I have an evaluation setup with CCM 3.3 and 7940/7960 & 7905 IP Phones. A VG200 is configured as the conference bridge

Problem with Ad-hoc:

Disconnects the invited member ( 3rd member ) phone and establishes a conference between the existing members( 2 members ) ,which were already on a 2 -way live call.

Problem with Meet-me:

Possible with only 2 members. Whenever a 3rd user dials in , it gets the error "Not enough Bandwidth".

The test setup has just 10 phones (G729b codec), which I hope eliminates any bandwidth issues. I have also allowed more that 2 users for both the in the meet me and adhoc service parameters in the CCM.

Ay suggestions ?

Amit

9 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Problems with conferencing.

Check the configuration for your locations. For some reason, the devices are crossing a location boundry to reach the conference bridge.

Look at the device pools of the phones and CFB, then look at the locations assigned to the device pools.

You CFB is probably configured to be in a different location than the IP phones, and is therefore deducting 24k from the available bandwidth configured in the Locations page for each call to the CFB.

Dugrant,

I have a similar issue I'm working on. using software conf bridge and 2 sites. site A is in device pool A and location A. Site B is in location B and device pool B. The CCM servers are at another location and the Conference resources are in Default device pool and default location. When attempting a conf between sites or using a gateway (external call) when conf key is pressed there is silence/dead-air for 5-10 seconds then a fast busy is heard and call drops. In event log a transient connection is seen for phone that pressed conf key. CCM 3.3(3)sr1.

Any ideas?

Bronze

My guess is that you have regions setup, and you are using g729 to come across the WAN. SW CFB's only support g711.

You can test this by changing the regions to use 711 (off hours).

Also, 3.3(3)sr1 has a phone load issue. Upgrade your phone loads to 5.0(3) or 3.3(3)sr2. The problem is that the phones will randomly reboot.

Ah. Thanks. I added a transcoder but guess that isn't of any help if they only do g711. Phone loads are at 5.0.3 already... ran into the 5.01/5.02 issues a few weeks ago.

Bronze

If you have a hardware transcoder, it should work.

The transcoder will follow the codec rules that you assign to it. So make sure the region that your transcoder is assigned to allows g.729 to the IP phone regions, and g.711 to the CFB region. Also make sure the MRG/MRGL has the transcoder.

No hardware transcoders, and since DSPs are needed to transcode it doesn't make sense anyway now. I will have to see if there are available DSP resources on gateways for hardware media resources. I'm fixing up some issues on a recent install.

Dugrant,

Thx for the help. The CFB was in a different location.

All the phones were assigned to the same device pool as the CFB. I thought this would have taken care of it as the device pools are mapped to same region and the same location as the CFB. But I had to indiviually add the locations in the CCM for all the phones. Anyway, it works now.

I will be using the VG200 with the NM-HDV(t1/PRI) card to connect it to our existing PBX.

Hope it won't create any problems since I'm already using the DSP resources for conferencing ?

Amit

Bronze

Amit

If your concerned about using all the DSP resources on the VG200, have you configured the conference software resource on CCM. On our system we have three CCM's and we use 2 ports off a 6608 blade for conference resources. When I go to Service>>>Meidia Resource>>>Conference Bridge, my setup looks like this:

CFB_(insert CCM IP address)Conference Bridge Software

CFB(Insert MAC address) Conference Bridge Hardware

CFB(Insert MAC address) Conference Bridge Hardware

In order to circumvent issues with DSP provisioning across regions, I found that it is good practice

to ensure that all resources are moved to the appropriate device pools, and not left to the default.

Secondly, I would also configure individual media resource device pools for each location

and reconfigure the regions appropriately, mainly to avoid the following circumstances:

There are certain circumstance where CallManager attempts to introduce two transcoders, for example, an ARC operator may transfer a call

to a Web Attendant pilot number within another region.

As both devices only support G.711 and the region configuration requires G.729 between both sites, the CallManager where the attendant pilot number is registered will attempts to introduce two transcoders, consequently there is a capabilities mismatch and the call establishment fails.

Views
Helpful
Replies