Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

problems with expansion module 7914

hi!

we have a 7914 expansion module where i have configured several speed dials. the speed dials are displayed on the module and work fine. the problem is, that the state of the displayed phones is not showed! the light are alway off, except when the phone is booting! do i have to configure something in the ccm? we use ccm 3.3(3) sr2.

thx jochen

6 REPLIES
Community Member

Re: problems with expansion module 7914

Jochen,

The 7914 does not support line status for speed-dials, only for shared lines.

Regards,

Justin

Ditto what Justin said.

If haveing both is very important and you done have more than 14 lines that you need appearance and speed-dial for you can team 2 7914s together, configure button 1 as a speed-dial and button 2 directly below it as a line appearance for the number you have above it in speed dial. Gives you the best of both worlds but cuts the number of usable buttons in half.

Community Member

hi,

thanks for the fast replies! i have already configured the 7960 with 7914 a shared line to the phone which i want to monitor. but i only see the the state of the device on the 7960, the display of the 7914 is empty? i already searched cisco for an document how to configure the 7914, but only found quick start reference! could you give me a hint?

thx jochen

Community Member

it's horrible, it doesn't work!

i have two phones: phone 123, that's is the 7960 phone with the 7914 em. and i have a 7960 phone with dn 456. on phone 123 i have configured a shared line (line 2) to the phone 456 and on the display of my 7960 phone i have two entries, 123 (my self and 456), but the display of the 7914 is still empty!

do i have to configure something more???

thx jochen

Community Member

Hi:

You must check version of firmware, i had this problem i resolve upgrading the version.

Community Member

hi,

the phone firmware is P00305000300 and the 7914 firmware is S00103020003! which firmware do you use?

i have another question:

at the ccm phone configuration page, i could only configure two line for a ipp! that means in my opinion: for a secretary, which has 3 manager-lines to monitor, i have to configure a second dn on every managers ip phone. and this second line is a shared line with the secretary! is that the way i have to configure the shared lines?

thx jochen

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content