cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with IP phones

luisfe70
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, i hope you could help me, i'm having a little problem with some ip phones, when i hang off the hand set to answer an incoming call, it continues ringing... I have to press the "speaker" button to deactivate it, and to answer the call, can somebody tell me why, and what do i have to do for eliminate this problem?

4 Replies 4

kthorngr
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I solved the problem reseting the Phones, but i'm sure it'll happen again, because it's not the first time that happens, i don't know if it could be a problem of the callmanager.

regards

Luis Felipe

The problem is either that the switch hook on the phone is sticking or is bad or there is an issue with the signaling between the phone and CCM. A signaling issue will be caused by retransmissions of the TCP packets between the phone and CCM.

If the phone keeps ringing when lifting the handset but will answer immediately after hitting the speaker button I would suspect a problem with the switch hook. If you notice delays when hitting the speaker button then there is a network issue causing the retransmissions. You can use Sniffer or Ethereal to capture packets between the phone and CCM. If you see retransmissions on TCP port 2000 then you might need to look into the QoS config of your network.

Kevin

Thanks a lot, i'm gonna do that.

Luis Felipe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: